Senator Jim Brochin & Filmmaker, Israel Moskovitz Speaking at The Awareness Center Event - FREE SCREENING of 'NARROW BRIDGE'
FREE SCREENING of ‘NARROW BRIDGE’
Confronting Sexual Abuse in the Jewish Community
WHEN: Wednesday, January 2, 2008 at 6:00 PM
WHERE: Pikesville Library, 1301 Reisterstown Rd., Pikesville, MD
SPONSOR: The Awareness Center, Inc.
Seating is Limited - Reservations Required
Call: 443-857-5560 or send an e-mail to Vicki Polin
Following the film will be a panel discussion lead by:
- Mesa Leventhal Baker, MD - Medical Director, Baltimore Child Abuse Center
- Senator James Brochin - District 42, Baltimore County
- Samantha Leshin - Plays “Rachel Goldstein” in the film ‘Narrow Bridge’
- Murray Levin, JD - Photographer, Survivor of Child Sexual Abuse, and Advocate for Legislative Changes.
- Israel Moskovitz - Director/writer/Composer and Plays “Daniel Schneider ” in the film ‘Narrow Bridge’
- Vicki Polin, MA, NCC, LCPC - Executive Director, The Awareness Center, Inc.
- Bob Russell - Legislative Coordinator, SNAP-MD (Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests)
- Joyanna Silberg, PhD - Coordinator of Trauma Disorder Services for Children at Sheppard Pratt Hospital
Daniel Schneider is a 21-year-old Orthodox Jewish college student who falls in love with fellow classmate, Rachel Goldstein. Rachel notices that Daniel is mysteriously reluctant to talk about his life before college and his hometown, where he has not visited for four years. As his relationship with Rachel develops, Daniel uncovers long-repressed memories of how he was sexually abused by his rabbi at twelve years old. His dark secret begins to distance the two of them and as Daniel refuses to confront his feelings, he watches his life as he knows it slowly unravel before his eyes. Daniel begins to question where he stands with his family, community, fiancé, and G-d. Narrow Bridge is an exploration of the power of love and faith amid trials, both human and divine.
This event is sponsored by The Awareness Center, Inc., which is the international Jewish Coalition Against Sexual Abuse/Assault. For more information call: 443-857-5560 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.