New Book on Sexual Violence In Jewish Communities - Stories Needed
Author/Editor - Vicki Polin
Over the last few years I have been working on a book addressing sexual violence in Jewish communities around the globe. I'm finally at the place that I am looking for Jewish survivors stories about healing, what worked and what didn't.
Due to the fact that my work has focused more in the orthodox world over the last 7 years, there is more of a slant in that direction, yet the book is about sexual violence in movements of Judaism and also includes Jewish survivors who are unaffiliated.
The article should include experiences dealing with your community, rabbis and family members. Stories should be no longer then 2-3 pages long.
If you are interested in sending your story, send an e-mail stating you want your story to be considered for the book along with you piece.
Once your story has been selected and you agree to the editing I will send you a release granting permission for your article to be included in the book. I will need to know your real name for my files, yet you can use a pseudonym as the author of your story for the book.
Please understand that it may not be possible to include all stories and that your story may be edited. There are eight types of articles I am looking for, they are:
- Jewish survivors of incest
- Jewish survivors of child sexual abuse (by offenders outside the home)
- Jewish survivors of clergy sexual abuse (as an adult or child)
- Jewish survivors of a sexual assault as an adult
- Jewish survivors who became pregnant as a result of being sexually victimized.
- Parents of survivors
- Spouses and or family members of sex offenders
- Rabbis who have worked with survivors of sexual violence
Vicki Polin, MA, NCC, LCPC, ATR-BC
P.O. Box 65273
Baltimore, MD 21209
Vicki Polin is the founder and executive director of The Awareness Center, which is the international Jewish Coalition Against Sexual Abuse/Assault