Rabbi Moshe Heinemann's Drasha on Rosh Hashanah Dealing With Sexual Abuse?
I keep hearing rumors that Rabbi Moshe Heinemann's speech on Rosh Hashanah focused on the issue of child sexual abuse. What I've been hearing is that he went on and on about how wrong Phil Jacobs and the Baltimore Jewish Times were to publish the series exposing cases of sexual abuse in the Baltimore Jewish community.
If anyone was there and heard rabbi Heinemann speak, please post a summary of what he said.
From what I've heard rabbi Heinemann still just doesn't get it and is still denounces the Baltimore Jewish times and the notion that survivors of sex crimes have any rights.
Below are a few cases in which it is believed that rabbi Moshe Heinemann, rabbi Yaakov Hopfer and the folks at Ner Israel have been involved in covering up crimes, silencing those who have been sexually violated and empowering the alleged and convicted sex offenders.
- Case of Rabbi Tzvi Axelman (AKA: Howard Axelman, Steven Axelman)
- Case of Rabbi Eliezer Eisgrau
- Case of Rabbi Moshe Eisemann
- Case of Rabbi Benyamin Fleischman
- Case of Aron Goldberger
- Case of Brad Hames
- Case of Shmuel Juravel
- Case of Rabbi Yaakov Menken
- Case of Rabbi Yisroel Shapiro
- Case of Rabbi Ephraim Shapiro
- Case of Rabbi Matis Weinberg