(The Jewish Coalition Against Sexual Abuse/Assault)
P.O. Box 65273, Baltimore, MD 21209
If you live in the Baltimore community click here to download the official flier. Make copies and share it with everyone you know!
There have been serious allegations of clergy sexual abuse made against Rabbi Moshe Eisemann. It's also been reported that the administration at Ner Israel Rabbinical College and several of the rabbonim in Baltimore have been inept in handling this case appropriately. For these reasons The Awareness Center, Inc. is demanding the following:
- Rabbi Moshe Eisemann immediately find new living arrangements and be move off the campus of Ner Israel.
- Rabbi Eisemann cease teaching and or tutoring students in his home or else where.
- Rabbi Moshe Eisemann have absolutely no contact with children or male adults under the age of 40 (According to Jewish custom, forty is the age in which a man is considered mature enough to study Kabbalah and less likely be able to be sexually manipulated by an sexual predator).
- Rabbi Moshe Eisemann be immediately evaluated by a licensed mental health professional who specializes in sex offenders. The professional must be approved by The Awareness Center, Inc. to insure the professional is not biased nor associated with Ner Israel or others.
- Artscroll/Mesorah publications cease and desist from publishing, selling or distributing any books created by Moshe Eisemann.
- All books written by Moshe Eisemann be banned by every yeshiva (seminaries) in the US and abroad.
- Rabbi Moshe Eisemann not be allowed to leave the United States.
- Ner Israel Rabbinical College finance a team of child abuse experts who will evaluate all past and present students of Rabbi Moshe Eisemann to determine if there are any more survivors. The team of experts will be approved by The Awareness Center to insure that the findings are handled properly and appropriately.
Contact The Following:
Ner Israel Contact Information:*****************************
Rabbi Aharon Feldman - Rosh Yeshiva (Head of the School)
Rabbi Beryl Weisbord - Dean of Students
Rabbi Sheftel Neuberger - President
Rabbi Yaakov Hopfer Contact Information:
Shearith Yisrael (Glen Ave. Shul)
Rabbi Nosson Scherman, the General Editor of Artscroll/Mesorah Publications
Meir Zlotowitz - Founder of Artscroll Publications
Back on March 1, 2007 Vicki Polin provided written testimony to the Maryland Senate Judicial Proceeding. In both her written and oral testimony she spoke about the case of Rabbi Moshe Eisemann.
Unfortunately, unless the those who were sexually victimized by Eisemann come forward and file a police report nothing can be done. There is no statute of limitations in the state of Maryland when it comes to criminal charges on crimes against children. If you or anyone you know was sexually violated by Eisemann and or anyone else please contact your local rape crisis center or The Awareness Center and they can walk you through the process.
If you were abused by Rabbi Eisemann in Philadelphia contact: Jeff Dion, Deputy Director of the National Crime Victim Bar Association. His phone number is 202-467-8753. His e-mail address is: jdion@ ncvc.org