Monday, March 26, 2007

Survivors of Incest Looking For Safe Seders

From: Vicki Polin @ The Awareness Center

I've gotten a few e-mail's from survivors of incest who were wondering if there are any "survivor friendly" seders out there. If you know of any please contact me. I'll forward the information on.
A few people were wondering if there were any survivor only seders happening anywhere? If not it might be a good idea for those who are having a difficult time to put together. Survivors who contacted me so far are in Los Angeles, Chicago, Monsey, Baltimore and New York City.

FYI: A "survivor Friendly seder" is one where there are other incest survivors or conducted by those who understand the ramification incest can have. It is conducted by individuals who can be accepting of survivors who may have flashbacks and may not feel comfortable staying.

Thanks!
Vicki

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wish there was a survivor seder in Milwaukee. I just can't make myself be with my family again this year. I need to create a new one.

March 27, 2007 10:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home