Friday, March 09, 2007

Jewish laws governing reporting to the authorities in cases of child abuse

The image “http://www.aish.com/seminars/worldperfect/graphics/wp04t30a.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.

From: The Awareness Center's Daily Newsletter
Someone sent me the following document which you can download which is in hebrew. I can't read hebrew yet have been told it is an important document. It's a 31 page document about the jewish laws governing reporting to the authorities in cases of child abuse. I've been told that this isn't conversational hebrew, but 'Jewish Legaleeze and Tora'eeze"... http://www.theawarenesscenter.org/teshuvos.pdf

The Awareness Center is looking for volunteers to help translate this to English. We would like to find several volunteers to divide up the pages. Unless someone wants to take it all on. Please let me know.

Vicki Polin - Executive Director
The Awareness Center, Inc.
(Jewish Coalition Against Sexual Abuse/Assault)
P.O. Box 65273, Baltimore, MD 21209
www.theawarenesscenter.org
443-857-5560


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I took a quick look at the material and I sumize from what I've seen that this is to say the least very sub par. The author shows a remarkable ignorance of both the halachic and factual aspects of this issue and the accompaning responsa leaves the questions asked with no definative answers. For all practicle purpose the essay and most of the responsa are useless and a waste of time. Furthermore, if I'm not mistaken, the author and his publication are not from mainstream chareidi circles and are not widely accepted. However, on behalf of the great Ms. Vicki I will try to do a translation with perhaps a partial refutation or commentary in the near future. Kudos to all of u trying to right the very worst wrongs perpetrated by todays leaders and/or powers that be.

March 10, 2007 10:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As an addition to my previous post please add that I however think the author deserves significant credit for publishing an essay on this perceived taboo issue that badly needs attention amongst chareidim.

March 10, 2007 10:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home