Saturday, March 03, 2007

"Bad Boyz Do Shabbos"

A friend of mine sent me a link to the following youtube video. Stating:
Someone sent me the following link. WARNING: You may find some of the language offensive.

"Bad Boyz Do Shabbos" or do we call them "kids at risk"?

I wonder how many of the kids in this video are survivors of childhood abuse?


Any comments?
My friend let me know that those who responded that this video was offensive were individuals who also claim they have never known anyone who was sexually abused or have worked with many survivors. Those who thought the video was funny seemed to be all the survivors or those who have been working with survivors of childhood abuse. I figured I do a little test of my own. Watch the video let us all know what you thought and also state if you are a survivor or someone who works with them, or if you don't have much contact with those who have been abused.

"Bad Boyz Do Shabbos"
WARNING: You may find some of the language offensive.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kindly give a reason why you suspect that only a survivor of sexual abuse would produce a video like this.

I reserve my opinion on it until I hear why I should think that a survivor must be present in such a production.

March 04, 2007 9:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Think of the statistics. 1/4 of all adults in the US have been sexually abused when they were kids. How many teens or young adults are in that video? Pay attention to the message they are sending out. Drinking and drug usage are both common symptoms of youth with a history of child abuse. Also the illusion of promiscuity in the beginning of the film. It's not uncommon for those who were abused as children to test the limits and act out what happened to them with others.

March 04, 2007 10:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm a survivor and thought it was pretty funny.

March 04, 2007 10:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just really scared for the future. There's obviously a lot wrong here. I have no opnion on who was a survivor here or not. I think it's silly to speculate. The education system has major problems and not just hareidi.

March 04, 2007 11:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not a survivor yet have friends who are. I think this is really pretty funny, yet can see why some might find it offensive.

March 05, 2007 8:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know even one child or adult, male or female who has even claimed to have been inappropriately touched.

I thought this video was hilarious and this isn't the first time I saw it.

(There are plenty of reasons why people become disillusioned with the system and/or feel the need to act differently than their community would like.)

March 05, 2007 2:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This video is outrageous and I'm writing to youtube to complain about it. I think everyone else should too.

March 05, 2007 3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the young people who made this video are just being rebellious, speaking out against the establishment. Even Old Order Amish youth rebel - it's called rumschpringa or "the running around years". In fact, we cannot even be sure that these young people are actually frum. Although they talk about drug and alcohol use & portray those behaviors - were they actually "getting high" and drinking in the video or were they merely acting? This is mild compared to other "music videos" available - try watching MTV some time - it's shocking what's allowed on TV. To place a sinister meaning to this video, in my opinion, is jumping to conclusions. I think this is just young people being creatively rebellious - nothing more.

March 07, 2007 9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That guy went to YU... And very normal...

November 11, 2007 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home