Sunday, January 14, 2007

Does Anyone Know Who This Rabbi Is? - Rabbi/Principal Who Inpregnated A Girl With Learning Disabilities

The image “http://www.dayofthechild.org/dc98/images/GirlSurvivor.gif” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.The image “http://www.bangitout.com/images/rabbis.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors. Survivors vs. a bet din

From The Awareness Center's Daily Newsletter:

Call For Action:
The Case of the Unnamed Rabbi/Principal Who Inpregnated A Girl With Learning Disabilities has been haunting members of The Awareness Center since it was mentioned in a article put out by JTA back in 2001.

The Awareness Center is looking for all the information we can find regarding the Rabbi-Prinicipal who inpregnated a girl with learning disabilities at school he was principal at.

If you have more information regarding this case please send it to me immediately or call: (443) 857-5560.

In her RCA speech, Dr. Susan Shulman (a pediatrician who served on the O.U.'s commission investigating the Lanner scandal and lectures frequently about sexual abuse) told of an anonymous rabbi who impregnated a student while he was principal of a school for Jewish girls with learning disabilities. When he was fired, he moved to another community where he is "still a prominent rabbi."

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't Dr. Shulman a mandated reporter?

January 14, 2007 8:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

One would think so. The problem is she lives in the charedi world. It's a totally separate country. Sort of like the native Americans. As long as the crime is committed on their territory the state and federal government can't get involved.

What scares me most is the article says that the offending rabbi just moved to another location and still has access to children.

We need to know who this man is. We need to protect our children!

January 14, 2007 9:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are many kosher restaurants in the NY area that hire Israeli waitresses. Many of these girls do not have legal status and as such are easy targets to take advantage of. If they go to authorities, they risk deportation. The bosses steal their tips in many cases if it is added to the credit card tab. I know because the girls have told me and pleaded with me to give them cash tips. It is also rumored that at one restaurant, owned by a shomer shabbos & married man, the girls are sexually harassed. I have heard from two sources in the restaurant industry that the owner entered into a coercive relationship with one girl and impregnated her. She was not able to go to authorities, but there were other social pressures that prevented the boss from getting off scott free. He reportedly sent her back to Israel and pays her a stipend of sorts.

January 15, 2007 10:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did I leave orthodoxy? Not because of all the sexual harassment and abuse that goes on, that happens everywhere. I left because the leadership (rabbis,etc) turns the other cheek. I cannot be a part of a a community whose leaders ignore the pleading of broken people's voices.

January 16, 2007 7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I grew up knowing I was a Jew, yet not knowing what that meant. I was curious and starting learning. I now understand why my parents never got involved with a synagogue and why they thought it was better not to provide me with a Jewish education. They were protecting me from the hypocrisy.

I was born a Jew, will always be a Jew, yet I will be proud of who I am without a rabbi or any organized group of people calling them selves "real Jews".

January 16, 2007 11:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home