Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Father Convicted of Incest in Northern Israel

Man convicted of sexually and physically abusing his 4 children
By Itim
December 3, 2006

A resident of northern Israel was convicted on Sunday of sexually assaulting his 15-year-old daughter, his 14-year-old son, and of physically abusing his other two children.

The man was convicted once in the past of violent crimes against family members, and served a three and a half year sentence.

The father, who threatened to kill all of his children, committed the acts in question over a period of time from November 2004 to August 2005, after he got out of prison and was confined under house arrest. The father would harass the girl, kick and beat her severely, and assault her sexually. The daughter testified that the father tried three times to rape her without success. After this, the daughter fled the house and squatted in a nearby field for two days without food or drink.

The father was also convicted of throwing his 14-year-old son's head against a refrigerator and a steel door, and of striking him on a number of occasions. As a result of the abuse he suffered, the son fled the house on two separate occasions.

The two youngest children in the family were also attacked by the father, when according to their testimony, they awoke him from sleep accidentally.

While the father admitted to the charges that he struck his younger children, he denied all other charges leveled against him, claiming that his wife coerced his daughter to falsely testify against him.

The Haifa District Court was unanimous in the guilty verdict.

"The violent acts committed by the defendant against his children constitute abuse and torture because of their severity and frequency," the court statement read.


Anonymous Anonymous said...

Because Haaretz is so secular & politically correct, they often don't tell you if the perp in question is an Arab or Jew.

December 05, 2006 11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...


Filed at 12:15 p.m. ET

NEW YORK (AP) -- MySpace, the popular online hangout that has drawn complaints about sexual predators and other dangers to teens, said Tuesday it will develop technologies to help block convicted sex offenders.

MySpace is partnering with Sentinel Tech Holding Corp. to build a database containing names, physical descriptions and other identifiable details on sex offenders in the United States. The News Corp. site, however, stopped short of adopting Sentinel's technology for verifying the ages and identities of its users.

The database, to be called Sentinel Safe, ''will allow us to aggregate all publicly available sex offender databases into a real-time searchable form, making it easy to cross-reference and remove known registered sex offenders from the MySpace community,'' Hemanshu Nigam, MySpace's chief security officer, said in a statement.

Parents, school administrators and law-enforcement authorities have become increasingly worried that teens are finding trouble at social-networking sites, which provide tools for messaging, sharing photos and creating personal pages known as profiles.

The aim of such sites is for users to expand their circles of friends -- and critics say those circles sometimes include predators, including those previously convicted of sexual crimes.

John Cardillo, Sentinel's chief executive, said the database will give MySpace and other sites a tool to help keep out sex offenders.

December 05, 2006 12:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good for Haretz. Incest happens in both arab and jewish communities. It happens in all faiths and ethnic groups. I think what's important is that we are being alerted it happening in Israel.

December 05, 2006 1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home