Thursday, October 05, 2006

Tell Your Story Succos Story!

The Sukkah Experience_The image “http://www.israeli-art.com/fotografie/pawlowski/images/sukkot3.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Part of the healing process for many survivors of childhood sexual abuse is sharing their life experiences with others. It's a way for us not to feel alone with our thoughts and feelings. If you are a survivor of childhood sexual abuse and would like to share what Sukkot was like for you growing up or what it is like for you now, please either post them here, or send them to me in an e-mail.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm feeling very alone this year. Someone who always told me I was like family to them forgot to invite me to their succos. When I said something, they told me they were so embarassed that they forgot to add me to their list. They told me there was no room and asked if I would forgive her. Of course I said yes, but deep down in my heart I feel this horrible void.

This is someone who understands I have no family. Who knows I'm a survivor of childhood sexual abuse. Now my little parts feel as if I'm an unwanted foster child or a homeless child wandering the streets of LA.

October 05, 2006 9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I"m sorry you are having such a difficult time. If I knew who you were I'd invite you to my home.

I am also an incest survivor. B'H' Sukkot was always a good time of year. Maybe it's because my father slept outside. It was aeek of being safe and sleeping well at night.

October 06, 2006 6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home