Sunday, March 05, 2006

Momma

The following was written by a Jewish Survivor of childhood sexual abuse
--------------------------------
The image “http://hillsboroughfcs.ifas.ufl.edu/Newsletters/05/2005%2007/2005%20July%20NL_files/image013.jpg” cannot be displayed, because it contains errors.
Momma
By (Name withheld by request)


Every time I see a family and they have kids, I know it's something I'll never have.

When I see women who are pregnant I can't help but to remember the conversation I had with my doctor. She basically explained to me:
Because there is so much scar tissue, that it would take a miracle for me to get pregnant and another one for me to carry a baby long enough to live on their own.
Who in their right mind would want to marry someone like me? The odds are if I ever do get married, I will have to adopt.

I can just imagine explaining to my child:
I hate to tell you this, but you were adopted. I couldn't hold you in my womb because it was destroyed by the number of times your grandpa "_ _ _ _ed" me as a child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home