Thursday, January 26, 2006

Rabbinic Apathy


I was just reading another survivors blog, who is a survivor of clergy abuse (by a rabbi). The blog entry talks about "rabbis" who are abusive, egotistical, power-hungry, bullies.

My experience has been that the majority of rabbis I have ever come in contact with, have been more interested in my observance level, and if I say I say prayers correctly . . . then about children in our communities being safe. The rabbis also seem to care more about what hecture is on the food we eat, then if there is a pedophile in our neighborhood.

I'm so sick and tired of the politics. Does anyone really care about the topic of childhood sexual abuse, or clergy abuse? Or is it just the trendy thing to discuss these days?

The day that the our "rabbis" care more about protecting our children from sexual predators more then they care about how we daven or if our food is "kosher enough," will be the day that I will be able to trust anything they say. I really think they are poor representatives of Hashem.

A long time ago there was something published on this blog, or maybe it was from one of the mailings from The Awareness Center. It described the meanings of a few words. The one that I will never forget it the word "politics".

Poli = Many
Tics = Blood sucking creatures
Politics = Many blood sucking creatures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home