Thursday, December 08, 2005

Communicating with Susan Rosenbluth - Owner of the Jewish Voice and Opinion

header
I recently contacted Susan Rosenbluth who publishes a tabloid magazine called "The Jewish Voice and Opinion." I did so to make sure she was aware of the guidelines developed by the US Department of Justice for the news media when dealing with stories of sexual violence.

I think her response back to me was strange. I've corresponded with several journalists in the past, and they never refused to communicate with me because I wanted to remain anonymous. I also thought it was strange that she had problems with responding to a blogger. I was always under the impression that her monthly magazine was nothing more then a published blog?

Below you will find our communications. If you noticed she made no mention to the guidelines provided by the US Dept. of Justice. Perhaps everyone should either print out the guidelines and mail it to her, or cut and paste them from the following web site and email them to her.

----------------------------
From: Jewish Survivors
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 10:12 PM
To: susan@jewishvoiceandopinion.com
Subject: Parents of Sexually Abused Children


Dear Ms. Rosenbluth,

I heard that in the past you have been a strong supporter of victims rights. I've also been told over the last few years your support has changed, and that you are now someone who supports alleged offenders.

I am writing you specifically after it has come to my attention that you have been writing articles regarding a case of alleged childhood sexual abuse, and have been publishing the names of the alleged victims.

I am guessing you are unaware of the ethical guidelines provided by the US Department of Justice's guidelines for dealing with victims of sexual crimes. You can read the guidelines at the following web page.

www.ojp.usdoj.gov/ovc/assist/instructor/ascii/18Chapter.txt


I also wanted to make sure you are aware of a discussion going on, on my blog. I was wondering if you would like to comment?

http://jewishsurvivors.blogspot.com/2005/12/parents-of-sexually-abused-c
hildren.html


============================================
From: Susan Rosenbluth
To: Jewish Survivors
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 01:55:56

I do not correspond with anonymous writers. I always support the right of alleged offenders to he considered innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. I neither read nor comment on anonymous blogs. If you want to identify yourself, I will be happy to correspond with you.

Best--

Susie Rosenbluth
The Jewish Voice and Opinion
Englewood, NJ
(201) 569-2845

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should feel honored, she feels chummy with you. She signed her name "Susie", instead of "Susan".

You are one brave person publishing this on here. I know of several people who are afraid to stop advertising in her paper, because they are afraid of "The Rath Rosenbluth".

I've been told she has a history of attempting to destroy people's lives, marriages, and careers. She's one woman, no one wants to deal with.

December 08, 2005 1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Better watch out. Next month you may be the topic of her next expose on those who protect survivors of sexual violence.

December 08, 2005 10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a thug masquerading as a pious orthodox woman. Perhaps if we band together we can do something.

December 09, 2005 4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

susie rosenbluth = ENABLER

December 08, 2008 2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home