Monday, October 03, 2005

Happy Rosh HaShana - Can You Believe It's 5766?

I wanted to create a place for survivors to share their experiences of Rosh HaShana Past and Present. If you know of other resources that feel healing please share them.
Rosh Hashanah Image

FYI:
For those of you not going to shul, but still want to hear the Shofar
Shofar Blowing (slow when you click on links, but will open)
Shofar Sounds
Info and Sounds


Other Musical Sites on Rosh HaShana:
National Sound Archives - Rosh HaShana (slow when you click on links, but will open)


For the Child Within
Rosh HaShana Coloring Books
High Holiday Coloring Book

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found this blog.

I am a survivor of sexual abuse.

I was molested by the rabbi of the congregation where I grew up on Rosh Hashana.
Today he's a big rabbi and I'm sure he could get even with me.

While everyone goes to shul on Rosh Hashana, I have flashbacks every time I hear to shofar.

To me, Rosh Hashana is the worst day of the year.

This is the first time I told anyone about this.

October 04, 2005 7:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi shofar shy welcome to the blog. I'm sorry for what you went through. What are you goind to do today? Are you going to be with anyone?

I also have a hard time with the high holidays. My abuser was a relative. He would come in town and stay with us over most of the holidays, so this isn't really my favorite time of the year.

October 04, 2005 9:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to work today thinking it would be the best thing for me to do. As much as I'm trying to escape from the fact that it is Rosh Hashana I am still having flashbacks.

Thank you for putting this up. I was feeling pretty alone, but this helped to remind me that there are other Jewish survivors out there struggling like I am

October 04, 2005 12:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No.. I didn't go out. I had a few invitations but Rosh Hashana is the worst time for me.

I can't say that therapy has helped much over the years.

What I would like to do would not be legal and would put me in jail.

And who would believe me after all these years?

I guess I'm just stuck.

October 05, 2005 11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

shofar shy,
You should call The Awareness Center. Maybe they can help you? They have all sorts of resources (443)857-5560.

DON'T do anything that is illegal. It is definately NOT worth going to jail.

October 05, 2005 11:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home