Friday, September 16, 2005

How Safe are the Jewish On-Line Dating Services?

If you or anyone one else you know are a survivor of date rape, or attempted date rape from any of the Jewish dating services, and want your story told, please send me an email. Let me know if you notified the police, the service you found your date, what happened with the case, and what ever else you want to share.

If you are looking for resources for help, contact The Awareness Center, Inc.

Below is an sample of The Jewish Dating Services. You may want to ask each one what their guidelines are when accusations of sexual assault, attempted sexual assault, or other forms of sexual misconduct are made against one of their members. Remember offenders can be both male and female.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I met a man on JDATE. After I met him, and also his kids, I started to suspect that he was being sexually inappropriate with his daughter.

I really didn't know what to do. We were seriously dating at the time. I was fortunate enough that someone called me and warned me about him. I guess there were allegations against him that were pretty serious. I don't think everyone is as lucky as I was. We stopped dating pretty much after that.

September 19, 2005 9:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My sister-in-law got married to a very nice guy that she met through one of the website that you list. All the guys that she met from the 'frum' online dating sites were very nice guys and never said/did anything inappropriate.

September 20, 2005 3:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I met a guy on one of the sites. I checked him out with everyone. Guess what? He wasn't really a nice guy. I have met other guys online and it was ok, but this one guy turned me off of online dating.

I was to scared to call the police after the date, and it took me a year to contact a rape crisis number.

September 21, 2005 12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home