Monday, June 27, 2005

My Fantasy Family - By Devorah H.

The following was sent to me by Devorah H. If you would like something posted please send a email to me.

I remember in my early days of therapy I never felt like I was real. The way I viewed the world was falling down all around me. Nothing I once believed as being truth, was true anymore. I was breaking through the denial I always held dear to my heart. I had to face the reality that there was no real love in my family. I had to face the reality that I was an unwanted child. I was not something to be loved and cherished. I was in the way, a burden, something that caused stress at home. It's so hard to admit to the reality, when my fantasy family was so dear to my heart.

In my mind I had this fantasy family. I would watch shows like the "Dick Van Dyke Show." I would pretend that Rob and Laura were my parents. They loved each other and they loved me. No way would Rob ever dream of sneaking into the room of his child and forcing himself on her. As long as I had them as role models I was OK. I learned about unconditional love by watching that show, and also the show "Eight is enough."

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's a very powerful posting. Thank s for sharing it.

July 02, 2005 10:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home