Thursday, March 17, 2005

Love yourself first

Late Fragment
by Raymond Carver

And did you get what
you wanted from this life, even so?
I did.
And what did you want?
To call myself beloved, to feel myself
beloved on the earth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naomi posted a comment somewhere on this blog, saying that our priority should be forgiving ourself, not our offender. I've been thinking about this and I think it's very true. I am trying to work on myself to forgive myself.

Lately I've been wallowing in self-hate so this is kind of hard. Not sure how to get out of it. Any ideas? I don't act on my feeling. I don't hurt myself, I take care of myself, etc. Just under the surface, I hate myself. Anyone want to talk about this? I've felt this way for a long, long time, since I was practically a child.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. What is love anyway?

2. How do you know if you love yourself?

3. I think of my life from time to time, why would I want to love myself? I was never loved growing up. My parents never showed me love, so where would I get the notiong I was loveable?

March 19, 2005 4:10 PM  
Blogger Naomi said...

To me love is giving. If you are willing to give to yourself then you are loving yourself. Acceptance is love. Accept all of yourself, your feelings, and you are loving yourself.

March 20, 2005 6:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home