Thursday, March 17, 2005

Love yourself first

Late Fragment
by Raymond Carver

And did you get what
you wanted from this life, even so?
I did.
And what did you want?
To call myself beloved, to feel myself
beloved on the earth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Naomi posted a comment somewhere on this blog, saying that our priority should be forgiving ourself, not our offender. I've been thinking about this and I think it's very true. I am trying to work on myself to forgive myself.

Lately I've been wallowing in self-hate so this is kind of hard. Not sure how to get out of it. Any ideas? I don't act on my feeling. I don't hurt myself, I take care of myself, etc. Just under the surface, I hate myself. Anyone want to talk about this? I've felt this way for a long, long time, since I was practically a child.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. What is love anyway?

2. How do you know if you love yourself?

3. I think of my life from time to time, why would I want to love myself? I was never loved growing up. My parents never showed me love, so where would I get the notiong I was loveable?

March 19, 2005 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home