Wednesday, March 02, 2005

The Good Therapist - By Naomi

The good therapist waits
With infinite patience
As I struggle to summon forth
From dry wells
A drop of trust.
The good therapist hears
With her heart and mind
A dangerous minefield
Covered by a net of carefully woven
Ideas and thoughts
I call my life.
The good therapist does not judge
Condemn or make assumptions
About what I do and what I say
She asks and leaves space
For me to hear how I think
And who I am.
The good therapist does not
Flinch at angry words hurled
Her way
She calmly helps me understand
What the anger is saying.
The good therapist admits and
Apologizes for her mistakes
She stands by me when
I falter and despair
Her confidence in me never wavers.
She rejoices with me in moments
Of revelation and growth
The good therapist teaches me
To trust myself
She leads but is also
Willing to follow as I show her
The path to my healing.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Naomi. I couldn't have said it better.

March 02, 2005 9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your poem Naomi.

March 03, 2005 6:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home