Thursday, February 10, 2005

Lanner Appeal Decision - By Murray L. Sragow

Lanner's Appeal decision was announced today. I do not yet have all the details, but I am told the following so far:

1. Lanner's appeal was successful only in removing one of his seven year sentences, that being the one for sexual assault. Since he was to serve them concurrently, however, this does not reduce the jail time he should expect.

2. The decision has not been published.

3. Lanner is continuing his appeal. The Supreme Court must decide whether top hear his appeal in 45 days, otherwise the ruling of the appeals court stands.

4. Lanner has petitioned to remain out of jail in the interim, as he is in poor health and has been well behaved since his conviction.

Murray L. Sragow


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My heart goes out to the survivor of Lanner. I hope she doesn't feel like no one believed her? I sure do, and am sure others do to.

Does anyone know of a way I can send her a letter of support? I just want to make sure she knows she's NOT alone.

February 10, 2005 1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home