Sunday, January 30, 2005

Where's A Safe Place To Raise My Children?

I know this is an odd question, but which is the safest place to raise Jewish children?

I was looking over the list of alleged and convicted sex offenders on The Awareness Center's site, and I was trying to figure out where was safe to raise children?

It doesn't appear that any Jewish community has handled cases of sexual violence appropriately. It seems like communities are more concerned about their reputations then they are about protecting our children and young adults. It seems that alleged and convicted offenders have more rights then those who have been victimized.


So please help me out here, where's a safe place for me to raise my children?

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can tell you one place that is less safe then some others. In Baltimore the rabbi's protect child molesters.

January 30, 2005 6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can tell you one place that is less safe then some others. In Baltimore the rabbi's protect child molesters.

January 30, 2005 6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would look for better data than that from The Awareness Center (TAC). TAC uses words like "alleged" and "allegedly" so much that it fails to instill much confidence in many of its reports.

January 30, 2005 7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

>In Baltimore the rabbi's protect child molesters.

I have a barn I need to paint. May I borrow your broad brush?

January 30, 2005 9:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the reason why The Awareness Center uses the term alleged is for legal reasons. They also use the terms convicted when someone was convicted. They say arrested when someone was arrested, etc.

January 30, 2005 10:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can tell you Silver Spring, MD, is one of the worst places to live. The community leaders are ONLY concerned with their reputation. Rabbis routinely make statements without hearing both sides of the story, and the police don't necessarily interview victims to see if their is a pattern of behavior of "alleged" perpetrators.

February 01, 2005 8:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home